At 155 Rivington St. on the Lower East Side, an “underwear” sign is still visible behind a roll-down gate.
Records show the building was built in 1910. According to a comment posted on the Forgotten NY web site, a man named Sam Berlin, along with his two brothers, once sold fancy underwear at this location.
— Jefferson Siegel
Jefferson Siegel is a New York-based freelance photographer. Visit his website HERE.